Alright, so it’s been a hot minute since I last posted. The world has gone all turvy topsy and everything got just a wee bit too overwhelming in my little corner of the world.
But the good news is, it’s slowly settling down in many ways and I’m having to force it to settle down in other ways. Still more crazy to manage, but ticking things off the list.
2023 has begun with some fantastic steps in all the right directions both personally, professionally (the day job), and creatively (the passion projects including writing).
Major things from the 1st quarter of 2023 … yeah, we’re really up to that, damn getting old makes time all levels of wibbly wobbly. I digress, how unlike me:
- Attended my first Genre Con. Attended in person, made incredible connections, and had overwhelming reassurance that I’m where I want to be
- Partner had surgery and while recovery is still happening our little trio family are already happier for this HUGE step forward.
- Booked my first stall at an event to sell my own books. So if you are near the Gold Coast in Queensland Australia in June for Pride, come say hi to me and three fellow sapphic authors: Cheyenne Blue, Liz Rain, and S R Silcox.
- Got my next book locked into a release date with my new publisher, Eerie River Publishing. (psst it’s August 14th, my birthday) My book is VOID – so watch out, as I will start talking more and more about this amazing sapphic urban steam punk dark fantasy. I’m absolutely in love with it and have had an amazing time working with Eerie River Publishing.
- Engaged my first editor on my own, away from any publisher, and sent my first manuscript to them. A 75K read that I have no idea if it’s any good or not. Eeeeek but YAY for brave steps.
I have read some of the most amazing books already this year. My book count is on track to hit my reading goals, while at the same time I’ve not read as many as I had this time last year, but that’s ok because life is full of the swings and roundabouts. To check out my book reviews make sure you pop on over to the Hyperactive Bookworm.